Competing priorities, busy work schedules, family commitments, there are many good reasons to put off exercise. Not to mention being injured or having pain.
Do not be discouraged. Consulting with a physical therapist is invaluable to get you on the right track to start with an effective exercise program.
Here are some motivational techniques that will help you stay focused:
- First of all, exercising in general becomes so much more enjoyable if you treat yourself to the appropriate gear. Pick up the kinds of fitness outfits that make you feel outstanding and you are far more likely to want to use them on a regular basis.
- Try to do some exercises first thing in the morning. You will check it off your list and feel better for the rest of the day.
- Break down your exercise routine into 20-30 minutes increments and schedule it during available short breaks. Exercising in increments yields the same benefits and cuts down on injury.
- Sore after your exercises? Applying 20 minutes of ice on the affected area, will help keep you comfortable.
- Schedule a day off from your exercise program. Rest, do some walking or a stretching routine.
- Lastly set goals that are meaningful to you, and track your progress by using some of the available fitness apps. Reward yourself by doing something you enjoy that capitalizes on your new gained strength and function. It will feel great to be able to do a match of golf, tennis, or to go dancing or hiking!!